Give 5/4 Need
A unique "hands-on" service program designed for youth entering 5-8th grade in the fall with high schoolers helping as mentors. Students work directly with various service agencies in Lake county and in the process learn about food, housing and education inequities.
For summer 2020 the St. James Give 5/4 Need program has ‘switched things up” to create a wonderful week of service, fellowship and faith building!
We have been busy behind the scenes, working with teachers and learning experts within our congregation to create a “virtual camp” that incoming 5-8th graders can attend to share a spirit of service and creativity from home while learning about discipleship, generosity and hope. Parental and family support for this will be important and we hope the entire family will benefit in wonderful ways.
What the week will look like:
• Supply kits will be available for pick up outside church with items needed for the week.
• A virtual meeting will kick off each morning
• A variety of service projects will reinforce faith building themes.
• Projects will be explained through videos and can be done individually or in family groups, aiding our ministry partners such as Sagrado Corazón, PADS, COOL Ministries and North Chicago Community Partners in necessary and tangible ways.
• While the camp focus is the week of June 15-19, learning and some of the service elements can be done at different times over the summer.
• There will be no charge for registration or materials, we are hopeful that we will receive grants to cover the costs of this camp.
Please register no later than June 12 to allow time to put the materials kits together. Pick up will be Sunday, June 14 after church between 10:30am- 3pm by the back door. Kits will be labeled by individual or family name.
“Messengers of Hope”
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.